The Churchill County Commissioners (Fallon, Nv.) will meet on Monday for a regular scheduled meeting at 8:15 a.m., to discuss or act on the following:
• New elected officials will be sworn in, and there will be a review and update of the board officers and assignments.
• Appointments include a public hearing for a proposal to install a solar and parking structure at the Churchill County Fairgrounds; appointment to the Advisory Board to Manage Wildlife; appointment to the Board of Equalization; request to continue meteorological study of Bango Oil; interlocal contract with the State of Nevada, Community Health Nurse Program for fiscal years 2012-13; and parcel map for a Geothermal Resources Industrial Park.
• Letters include The Bureau of Land Management's request to be notified of Churchill County's desire to remain on the mailing list for grazing related issues and the U.S. Department of the Interior, Bureau of Reclamation provides notification of approval for Churchill County to proceed with construction for the release of treated effluent throughout the Newlands Reclamation Project into the Stillwater National Wildlife Refuge.
• New Business consists of a resolution approving the selection of Robert List with the law firm of Kolesar and Leatham as counsel for Churchill County in the Nuclear Regulatory Commission Licensing Proceedings and adoption of a proclamation declaring January of every year as Radon Action Month in Churchill County.
• Consent items include Captain Rinehart Wilke of the Naval Air Station Fallon writing to the city of Fallon concerning the recycling program partnership between the two agencies; the BLM provides notification of its public consultation concerning the transfer of grazing preference for the Kingston, Trail Canyon and Wildcat Allotments; the BLM solicits public comments for the Eagle Butte Wildlife Habitat Enhancement Project; and the Nevada Division of Environmental Protection provides notice of its public hearing regarding the renewal of Class II Air Quality Operating Permit for Bango Oil, LLC.
• The commissioners will also meet for a joint workshop with the Lahontan Valley Environmental Alliance and Public Lands Working Group on Wednesday at 6 p.m., at the administration building, suite 145 to discuss and recommend possible actions for public lands.
Fallon City Council
• The Fallon City Council will meet on Tuesday at 7 p.m., at City Hall, 55 W. Williams Ave., for a regularly scheduled meeting to discuss or take action on a liquor license request.
All items were not included in this summary. For agenda, visit http://www.churchillcounty.com/
****Nevadas Wild horse advocates and/or orgs. should go to this meeting SCREAMING about BLM providing h2o for wildlife but NONE for wild horses (and burros). How many do you think will show?